We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving last week. The housing market is moving more than it was this same time last year. Thanksgiving fell on Nov 22nd last year and on Nov 28th this year, so watching the numbers we have to rotate a week.
- Our North Texas market saw an increase in the number of sold properties year over year.
- The number of active homes on the market is down slightly compared to the same week last year.
- Our expired listings are also down for the first month of this year compared to last year. Our market started to slowly move again in late December last year, and by all accounts, you can see the numbers reflecting that we’re still moving in a slow, yet positive direction.
- Jobs are still moving to North Texas
- Sellers are more realistic on pricing and if they don’t see offers, they are adjusting their price
- Interest rates are still hovering at historic numbers